We are currently interviewing and hiring for the Spring 2022 Semester!
We are looking for self-motivated, dependable people who have a passion for working with kids to tutor kindergarten to sixth-grade students in reading and math. Experience working with children is preferred. All majors are encouraged to apply. Paid training will be required.
Before applying, please check to make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Work Study Eligible- If hired by R&C, we will request financial aid to official award your “Tutor” work study
- Two semester commitment is required
- Hours of operation: Tutor will be placed at an elementary school OR after school program
- After school locations (limited number of positions available): M-F: 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- Elementary school locations: Hours can be scheduled during the school day M-F: 8am-3pm
- You must have your own transportation. This is an OFF CAMPUS job.
You must be “eligible” for at least $2,500 in Work Study Funds. Work Study is a form of financial aid. You must be awarded Financial aid before you can get work study.
Below are two scenarios you may fall under. Follow the directions that pertain to your current circumstances.
1. You currently have been awarded financial aid, but are you eligible for “Work Study”?
• You are welcome to apply to our program if you: 1) Currently have awarded work study funds -or- 2) are “eligible” for work study funds.
• If you have already been awarded financial aid and you know you have been awarded Federal or Texas Work Study funds, printable work study certificates are available online through My Financial Aid. Log in with your Net ID and password. “On the “awards page”, click the PDF icon next to the work study award to download the certificate.“ Save it to your computer or phone so that you can email proof of work study eligibility & your graphic class schedule as instructed in the Reads and Counts “Apply” page..
• If you have already been awarded financial aid and you have not been awarded work study funds, go to your Financial Aid Portal, Helpful Links page, “Am I eligible for work study?” link through My Financial Aid. Log in with your Net ID and password. Open the link and it will tell you if you are “eligible” for work study funds.
• Click on the link on the bottom of the webpage to print and save the webpage pdf to your computer.
• Do not email email@example.com or contact the Student Employment Office to go onto the work study waitlist. This is not needed.
• In the Reads and Count’s Apply page, step #3, you need to email the “Am I eligible for work study?” webpage with your application and graphic schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been awarded work study funds but the amount is not enough:
• If you have been awarded work study, but it does not meet the $2500 minimum requirement for our program. Reads & Counts will contact the Student Employment Office to request an increase in your work study award amount upon hire.
• To apply to R&C, you only need to show that you have financial aid and that you “are eligible” for work study. Reads & Counts staff will interview all qualified applicants. If you are hired, the R&C office will send your information to the Student Employment Office to award Tutor Work Study funds. You do NOT need to contact the Student Employment Office to award you.
2. You have not even applied for financial aid yet and want to see if you qualify for financial aid.
- Work Study is a form of financial aid.
- Please visit Texas A&M Financial Office for information on how to apply for financial aid if you do not currently have financial aid or go to the Financial Aid office and speak to one of the Front Desk Financial Aid Advisors. Please do not contact our program until you are able to do No. 1 above.) Work Study funds/ financial aid are the only funds we can use to pay our tutors.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about this process.